Halloween Layered Fudge Recipe
Here's an easy and foolproof fudge recipe that screams "Halloween!" thanks to the brown and orange colors. You can also try making the fudge with mango flavoring. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 8 ounces white candy coating
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 to 4 drops orange paste food coloring
- 1. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; butter foil and set aside.
- 2. In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate chips and 1 cup milk on high for 30 seconds; stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Chill for 10 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating with remaining milk; stir until smooth. Stir in extract and food coloring. Spread over chocolate layer.
- 4. Chill for 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 2 pounds.
1 piece equals 64 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC