Halloween Ice Cream Treats Recipe
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Orange and purple Halloween sprinkles
- 1. Place gingersnaps in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Freeze until firm.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 3. Remove one dessert at a time from the freezer. Dip in melted chocolate; top with sprinkles. Freeze until serving. Repeat with remaining desserts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 342 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Halloween Ice Cream Treats
"These were good treats. Very chocolaty though.....and it was hard to cut into to eat. I didn't have a problem with coating them. I did not dip them, I spooned the chocolate on top. And you have to let the chocolate cool a little bit before putting it on the ice cream scoops."
"I always had a hard time using semisweet chocolate chips for coating things so I only use Almond Bark. It is very inexpensive and comes in vanilla or chocolate flavors. I works great in place of choc-chips for coating anything. Overall this is a good idea so I used vanilla waffers and strawberry ice cream for a bday treat. Delicious!"
"When I dipped the ice cream in the chocolate it immediately started to melt and the chocolate absolutely refused to stick to the ice cream. I had to pour it on top and it still would not stick all over. A bit of a disaster!"
"Mine didn't turn out as pretty but with a little practice they will get better. I will make this again for other holidays as well."