Halloween Ice Cream Treats Recipe
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Orange and purple Halloween sprinkles
- 1. Place gingersnaps in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Freeze until firm.
- 2. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- 3. Remove one dessert at a time from the freezer. Dip in melted chocolate; top with sprinkles. Freeze until serving. Repeat with remaining desserts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 342 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Halloween Ice Cream Treats
"These were good treats. Very chocolaty though.....and it was hard to cut into to eat. I didn't have a problem with coating them. I did not dip them, I spooned the chocolate on top. And you have to let the chocolate cool a little bit before putting it on the ice cream scoops."
"I always had a hard time using semisweet chocolate chips for coating things so I only use Almond Bark. It is very inexpensive and comes in vanilla or chocolate flavors. I works great in place of choc-chips for coating anything. Overall this is a good idea so I used vanilla waffers and strawberry ice cream for a bday treat. Delicious!"
"When I dipped the ice cream in the chocolate it immediately started to melt and the chocolate absolutely refused to stick to the ice cream. I had to pour it on top and it still would not stick all over. A bit of a disaster!"
"Mine didn't turn out as pretty but with a little practice they will get better. I will make this again for other holidays as well."