Halloween Ice Cream Treats Recipe
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Orange and purple Halloween sprinkles
- Place gingersnaps in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Freeze until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Remove one dessert at a time from the freezer. Dip in melted chocolate; top with sprinkles. Freeze until serving. Repeat with remaining desserts. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Halloween Ice Cream Treats(4)
Sort By :
These were good treats. Very chocolaty though.....and it was hard to cut into to eat. I didn't have a problem with coating them. I did not dip them, I spooned the chocolate on top. And you have to let the chocolate cool a little bit before putting it on the ice cream scoops.
I always had a hard time using semisweet chocolate chips for coating things so I only use Almond Bark. It is very inexpensive and comes in vanilla or chocolate flavors. I works great in place of choc-chips for coating anything. Overall this is a good idea so I used vanilla waffers and strawberry ice cream for a bday treat. Delicious!
When I dipped the ice cream in the chocolate it immediately started to melt and the chocolate absolutely refused to stick to the ice cream. I had to pour it on top and it still would not stick all over. A bit of a disaster!
Mine didn't turn out as pretty but with a little practice they will get better. I will make this again for other holidays as well.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Halloween Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Halloween Desserts >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >