These yummy homemade ice cream treats are super fun and simple to make. You could also use scoops of pumpkin ice cream in place of the vanilla or use your family's favorite flavor.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 gingersnap cookies
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Orange and purple Halloween sprinkles
- Place gingersnaps in a single layer on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet; top each with a scoop of ice cream. Freeze until firm.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Remove one dessert at a time from the freezer. Dip in melted chocolate; top with sprinkles. Freeze until serving. Repeat with remaining desserts. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halloween Ice Cream Treats in Halloween Party Favorites 2009 2009, p33
Reviews for Halloween Ice Cream Treats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review