—Taste of Home Cooking School
6 ServingsPrep: 1 hour + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sesame or caraway seeds
- Assorted sandwich fillings
- Flatten one roll into a 4-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Make 4 equal cuts
- into one end for fingers, cutting the thumb strip three-fourths of
- the length of the dough and the finger strips one-half the length.
- Repeat steps for second hand making cuts opposite. Separate the
- fingers slightly.
- Pull the thumb strip off to the side and cut in half. Tuck the cut
- off piece under the palm and press into the dough. Place hands on a
- baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with egg and sprinkle
- with seeds if desired. Repeat with remaining rolls to make a total
- of 6 right hands and 6 left hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap that has been coated with cooking spray. Let
- rise 45 minutes or until almost doubled. Remove wrap. Bake at
- 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Use a right and
- left hand to make a sandwich. Yield: 6 servings.