—Taste of Home Cooking School
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- Sesame or caraway seeds
- Assorted sandwich fillings
- Flatten one roll into a 4-in. x 5-in. rectangle. Make 4 equal cuts into one end for fingers, cutting the thumb strip three-fourths of the length of the dough and the finger strips one-half the length. Repeat steps for second hand making cuts opposite. Separate the fingers slightly.
- Pull the thumb strip off to the side and cut in half. Tuck the cut off piece under the palm and press into the dough. Place hands on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush with egg and sprinkle with seeds if desired. Repeat with remaining rolls to make a total of 6 right hands and 6 left hands.
- Cover with plastic wrap that has been coated with cooking spray. Let rise 45 minutes or until almost doubled. Remove wrap. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Use a right and left hand to make a sandwich. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Halloween Handwiches in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Fall 2009, p37
Reviews for Halloween Handwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2014
"Super cute and pretty easy, just a little extra ti.e needed. My family loved it."