Halloween Cutout Cookies
Creativity and Christmas cookie cutters come together for these fun Halloween cookies kids will go batty for. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Green paste food coloring
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Chocolate wafers, crushed Shredded Wheat, M&M's miniature baking bits, miniature semisweet chocolate chips and Fruit Roll-Ups
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to soften.
- In a small bowl, beat cookie dough and flour until combined.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut
- with a floured 4-1/2-in. Christmas tree-shaped cookie cutter, a
- 3-in. candy cane-shaped cookie cutter and a 3-in. star-shaped cookie
- cutter. Cut each star in half. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For witches: Tint a portion of vanilla frosting green. Frost the
- bottom two-thirds of a tree cookie green; frost the top third with
- chocolate frosting.
- For witches' hats, microwave chocolate wafers for a few seconds to
- slightly soften as needed. Use a serrated knife to cut a triangle