- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 24 lollipop sticks
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Food coloring
- Black decorating gel
- Optional decorations: candy corn, regular M&M's, M&M's minis and cinnamon hearts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Insert a lollipop stick into each cookie. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Tint frosting; frost cookies. Decorate with gel and optional decorations as desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cookie Pops in Ultimate Halloween 2014 2014, p104
Reviews for Halloween Chocolate Cookie Pops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review