Halloween Black Cat Cookies
I show my students how to make these cookies every Halloween. They usually want to eat them all on the spot! —Tricia Bibb, Hartselle, Alabama
30 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 90 M&M's minis (about 2 tablespoons)
- 60 pieces black licorice (3/4 inch)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter, eggs
- and water until blended. Gradually beat in cake mix.
- Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on greased baking
- sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Pinch top of cookie to
- form ears.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven; immediately press on M&M's for eyes and noses.
- Insert licorice for whiskers. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield:
- 2-1/2 dozen.