- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the halibut. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. In another small bowl, combine salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with peach salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut with Zesty Peach Salsa in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p52
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut with Zesty Peach Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review