Halibut with Vegetable Salsa
There’s something fishy going on in our Test Kitchen—and it’s this terrific recipe! Topped with a colorful, fresh tomato salsa, these flaky filets are a real treat
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place halibut in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, for salsa, combine the remaining ingredients in a small
- bowl. Serve with halibut. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 2/3 cup salsa equals 279 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.