Halibut with Shrimp Sauce Recipe
Wendy Bognar of Sparks, Nevada broils delicate halibut with slices of onion and lemon, then serves the fish with a savory sauce of sour cream, seafood sauce, dill and baby shrimp. "This is our favorite seafood recipe," Wendy says.
- 2 halibut steaks (8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 1 small lemon, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup canned tiny shrimp
- 2 tablespoons seafood cocktail sauce
- Place halibut on a broiler pan. Combine the butter, lemon juice and 1 teaspoon dill; drizzle over fish. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 8 minutes. Arrange lemon and onion slices over halibut. Sprinkle with garlic. Broil 2-4 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, shrimp, seafood sauce and remaining dill. Serve with the fish. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Halibut with Shrimp Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2003, p17
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut with Shrimp Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Quick Shrimp Dinner Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >