Halibut with Orange Salsa Recipe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning, divided
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine orange juice and 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning. Add the halibut; seal bag and turn to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, orange peel, salt and remaining jerk seasoning. Drain and discard marinade. Coat halibut with bread crumb mixture. Place on a greased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4. In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Serve with halibut. Yield: 4 servings.
1 filet with 1/3 cup salsa equals 298 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.