Halibut with Kiwi Salsa Recipe
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 1-1/3 cups)
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and cubed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh mint or 3/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 halibut fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the mangoes, kiwi, red pepper, onion, jalapeno, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, lime juice, mint, honey and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine oil and remaining lemon juice; drizzle over both sides of fish. Sprinkle with chili powder and remaining salt.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill fillets, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 353 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 367mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1 fat
Reviews for Halibut with Kiwi Salsa
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.