Halibut with Crab Sauce
A thick and creamy crab sauce tops tender halibut in this delightful dish. “It’s one of our favorite fish recipes,” shares Shirley West of Lynnwood, Washington.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place each fillet in an individual broiler-proof serving dish.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt 2 teaspoons butter; drizzle over
- fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, melt
- remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in the
- broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Stir in crab. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese
- until melted. Pour over halibut. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4
- minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 1/3 cup sauce equals 328 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium,