Halibut with Crab Sauce Recipe
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. Place each fillet in an individual broiler-proof serving dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt 2 teaspoons butter; drizzle over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in the broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over halibut. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 328 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 517mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 43g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 6 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Halibut with Crab Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.