A thick and creamy crab sauce tops tender halibut in this delightful dish. “It’s one of our favorite fish recipes,” shares Shirley West of Lynnwood, Washington.
Recommended: 40 Super Satisfying Dinners for Lent
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons plus 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place each fillet in an individual broiler-proof serving dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt 2 teaspoons butter; drizzle over fillets. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan coated with cooking spray, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually stir in the broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese until melted. Pour over halibut. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut with Crab Sauce in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p58
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut with Crab Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review