Halibut with Citrus-Olive Sauce Recipe
This poached halibut is one of my favorite fish entrees. The lovely sweet-and-salty sauce has incredible flavor, texture and color.
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into four pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped Greek olives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-1/2 cups orange juice, wine, lime juice and shallot to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat to low; gradually whisk in butter until butter is melted. Remove from heat; stir in red pepper and olives. Keep warm.
- In a large skillet, bring the garlic, oregano and remaining orange juice to a boil. Reduce heat; add fillets and steam, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut with Citrus-Olive Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Halibut with Citrus-Olive Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review