Halibut with Basil Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup diced seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper; add halibut. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 203 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 54mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 36g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat.
Reviews for Halibut with Basil Tomato Sauce
"Done this, or something similar, many times (mild 'Taco Sauce') and it's KILLER!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.