Halibut with Basil Tomato Sauce Recipe
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 halibut fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup diced seeded tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, rosemary, oil, salt and pepper; add halibut. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve with fish. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Halibut with Basil Tomato Sauce
Sort By :
Done this, or something similar, many times (mild 'Taco Sauce') and it's KILLER!