Halibut with Bacon Recipe
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded jalapeno peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 8 bacon strips
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients. Add halibut; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes, turning once.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Drain and discard marinade. Wrap two slices of bacon over the top and sides of each steak; secure with soaked wooden toothpicks.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 301 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 740mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 40g protein .
Reviews for Halibut with Bacon
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.