Each year we travel to Alaska to visit friends and catch our limit of halibut. We especially enjoy it prepared this way.—Donna Goutermont, Jackson, Wyoming
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch dried basil
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 teaspoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place each halibut steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.); top with soy sauce mixture, onion, lemon and butter. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut Steaks in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p5
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2012
"i have made this recipe twice now its easy and its excellent every body raved on it now i am giving the recipe to my husbands boss ihe wants to try it i say give it a try u will love it and it will be your new fish recipe"
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2010