Halibut Steaks Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch dried basil
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place each halibut steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.); top with soy sauce mixture, onion, lemon and butter. Fold foil around fish and seal tightly.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 164 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 1908mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein .
Reviews for Halibut Steaks
"i have made this recipe twice now its easy and its excellent every body raved on it now i am giving the recipe to my husbands boss ihe wants to try it i say give it a try u will love it and it will be your new fish recipe"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.