Each year we travel to Alaska to visit friends and catch our limit of halibut. We especially enjoy it prepared this way.—Donna Goutermont, Jackson, Wyoming
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pinch dried oregano
- Pinch dried basil
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 lemon slices
- 4 teaspoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place each
- halibut steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in.
- x 12 in.); top with soy sauce mixture, onion, lemon and butter. Fold
- foil around fish and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-14 minutes or until fish
- flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 164 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 1,908 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.