Halibut Steaks with Papaya Mint Salsa
An amazing mix of fresh, zesty salsa and good, smoky flavor—plus 161 mg of magnesium—makes this dish the catch of the day! —Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the papaya, onion, mint, chipotle pepper, 1
- tablespoon oil and honey. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook halibut in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes on
- each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 halibut steak with 1/2 cup salsa equals 300 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon