An amazing mix of fresh, zesty salsa and good, smoky flavor—plus 161 mg of magnesium—makes this dish the catch of the day! —Sonya Labbe, Los Angeles
- 1 medium papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the papaya, onion, mint, chipotle pepper, 1 tablespoon oil and honey. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook halibut in remaining oil for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut Steaks with Papaya Mint Salsa in Healthy Cooking August/September 2011, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut Steaks with Papaya Mint Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review