Halibut Soft Tacos for Two Recipe
- 1 small mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 pound halibut steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 teaspoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and honey; set aside. Brush halibut with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 3. Place lettuce leaves on tortillas; top with fish and mango mixture. Drizzle with chili sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 374 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein
Reviews for Halibut Soft Tacos for Two
"Made tonight -good, healthy recipe. My husband, who does not like fish much, raved about this."
"I made this recipe (from the magazine) last year, and my daughter loved!! She has been asking for it, but i couldn't find the mag. Can't wait til she hears that "I found it"!!! It is so light but refreshing....do yourself a favor a make this for your family!!! (we did lettuce wraps)"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.