"This is one of my summery, healthy favorites that is quick, colorful and full of nutrients. Sometimes I serve them wrapped in lettuce, instead of tortillas." Kristin Kossak, Bozeman, MT
- 1 small mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 pound halibut steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 teaspoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and honey; set aside. Brush halibut with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place lettuce leaves on tortillas; top with fish and mango mixture. Drizzle with chili sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Halibut Soft Tacos for Two in Taste of Home
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut Soft Tacos for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review