- 1 small mango, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup cubed avocado
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 pound halibut steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 teaspoons sweet Thai chili sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, 1 teaspoon oil, lemon juice and honey; set aside. Brush halibut with remaining oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Place lettuce leaves on tortillas; top with fish and mango mixture. Drizzle with chili sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Halibut Soft Tacos for Two
Sort By :
Made tonight -good, healthy recipe. My husband, who does not like fish much, raved about this.
I made this recipe (from the magazine) last year, and my daughter loved!! She has been asking for it, but i couldn't find the mag. Can't wait til she hears that "I found it"!!! It is so light but refreshing....do yourself a favor a make this for your family!!! (we did lettuce wraps)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Grilled Fish >
- Grilled Fruit >
- Grilled Halibut >
- Grilled Mango >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >