A tasty tomato topping and a wine broth keeps these halibut steaks moist while baking.
- 4 halibut steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1-1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the halibut in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour wine into dish. Combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, parsley, olives, garlic and pepper; spoon over fish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Combine the bread crumbs, butter and Parmesan cheese; sprinkle over tomato mixture. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Halibut Provencale in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p246
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Halibut Provencal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2011
"ICK and this was and expensive fish ruined."