Halibut Chowder Recipe
- 8 to 10 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 pounds halibut or salmon fillets, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- In a Dutch oven, saute onions in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the soups, milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in the fish, carrots and corn. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and vegetables are tender. Add cayenne pepper if desired. Yield: 16 servings (about 4 quarts).
Reviews for Halibut Chowder(2)
Sort By :
This was good but not as flavorful as I would like (especially to justify this many calories!). I did add potatoes and used fresh carrots both of which I added just after the garlic and cooked for a few minutes before adding the soups in order to make sure they cooked through.
Excellent tasting, made it twice! However, the second time I added the carrots much earlier otherwise they don't cook thoroughly. Just a suggestion for anyone making this.