Halibut and Potato Chowder Recipe
Try this great way to mix up dinner standbys. Mashed potato flakes thicken this easy chowder, and you can very the chili powder and cayenne to fit your taste.—Donna Goutermont, Juneau, Alaska
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound halibut fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Add halibut and butter. Cover and cook 30-45 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 254 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Halibut and Potato Chowder
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC