- 2 cups water
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound halibut fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- Add halibut and butter. Cover and cook 30-45 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Halibut Chowder in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p23
Reviews for Halibut and Potato Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review