Hale Lani Strawberry French Toast Recipe
"Our guests love this dish and write about it in our guest books. I like to make it extra special by topping it with butter I shaped into palm tree, flower and leaf shapes." Ruth Johnson, Kapaa, Kauai, Hawaii
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Hawaiian sweet bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- 1. Place strawberries in a small bowl; sprinkle with sugar. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2. Slice strawberries and divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; set aside.
- 3. Cut bread into 20 slices. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip bread in egg mixture. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook French toast in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place over strawberries in prepared dishes.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (calculated without syrup) equals 290 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Hale Lani Strawberry French Toast
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC