- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Hawaiian sweet bread
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- Place strawberries in a small bowl; sprinkle with sugar. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Slice strawberries and divide between two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes; set aside.
- Cut bread into 20 slices. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Dip bread in egg mixture. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook French toast in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place over strawberries in prepared dishes.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with syrup. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Hale Lani Strawberry French Toast in Taste of Home
Reviews for Hale Lani Strawberry French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Low Fat Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Strawberry Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >