Haddock with Citrus Salsa Recipe
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/8 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- 1. For salsa, in a bowl, combine the oranges, onion, lime juice, cilantro, pepper flakes, garlic, orange peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and chill. Combine coriander, cumin and remaining salt and pepper; rub over both sides of fillets. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with citrus salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritio Facts: 4 oz weight with 1/2 cup salsa equals 179 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 520 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.