"I'd prepared old favorites for 30 years when the latest emphasis on health-conscious cooking led me to find new recipes, like this mouthwatering way to serve fish."—Sally Roberts, Port St. Lucie, Florida.
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 4 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1-1/8 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound haddock fillets
- For salsa, in a bowl, combine the oranges, onion, lime juice, cilantro, pepper flakes, garlic, orange peel, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cover and chill. Combine coriander, cumin and remaining salt and pepper; rub over both sides of fillets. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with citrus salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Haddock with Citrus Salsa in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Haddock with Citrus Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review