Haddock and Potato Chowder Recipe
A recipe book was included when we purchased a set of pots and pans about 30 years ago. Living in New England, we love fish in any dish and this is something we especially enjoy when there’s a chill in the air.
- 1 bacon strip, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1/2 pound haddock fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- Oyster crackers, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute the bacon, onion and celery until vegetables are tender. Add the soup, water, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 2. Add haddock; cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Stir in milk and butter; heat through. Serve with oyster crackers if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 285 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 883mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Haddock and Potato Chowder
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC