Hacienda Hot Dogs Recipe
“This yummy creation with taco sauce and refried beans makes inexpensive hot dogs taste great,” Kelly Williams relates from La Porte, Indiana. “I sometimes like to wrap the hot dogs with a strip of bacon before baking them.”
- 8 Chicago-style beef hot dogs (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1 cup refried beans
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 24 pickled pepper rings
- Minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Cut a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog and to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill pocket with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 2. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour taco sauce over hot dogs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Spread the inside of each bun with 2 tablespoons refried beans. Layer with lettuce, hot dog, tomato, pepper rings and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hacienda Hot Dogs
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
"These were suprisingly delicious!"
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2010
"These hot dogs are a big hit with the guys watching football. I usually have a pot of chili next to the hot dog fixings and the guys invariably add the chili to their sandwiches."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC