- 8 Chicago-style beef hot dogs (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1 cup refried beans
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 24 pickled pepper rings
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog and to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill pocket with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour taco sauce over hot dogs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread the inside of each bun with 2 tablespoons refried beans. Layer with lettuce, hot dog, tomato, pepper rings and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hacienda Hot Dogs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p15
Reviews for Hacienda Hot Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
"These were suprisingly delicious!"
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2010
"These hot dogs are a big hit with the guys watching football. I usually have a pot of chili next to the hot dog fixings and the guys invariably add the chili to their sandwiches."