Hacienda Hot Dogs Recipe
“This yummy creation with taco sauce and refried beans makes inexpensive hot dogs taste great,” Kelly Williams relates from La Porte, Indiana. “I sometimes like to wrap the hot dogs with a strip of bacon before baking them.”
- 8 Chicago-style beef hot dogs (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1 cup refried beans
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 24 pickled pepper rings
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog and to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill pocket with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour taco sauce over hot dogs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread the inside of each bun with 2 tablespoons refried beans. Layer with lettuce, hot dog, tomato, pepper rings and cilantro. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hacienda Hot Dogs in Simple & Delicious March/April 2006, p15
Reviews for Hacienda Hot Dogs(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 29, 2011
These were suprisingly delicious!
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2010
These hot dogs are a big hit with the guys watching football. I usually have a pot of chili next to the hot dog fixings and the guys invariably add the chili to their sandwiches.