Gyro-Style Turkey Pitas Recipe
“These are so good!” Everyone will love these hearty, flavorful handhelds. Wanda Allende - Orlando, Florida
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, sauerkraut, brown sugar and salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing. Stir in tomato and cucumber. Fill pita halves with turkey mixture, lettuce and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
2 stuffed pita halves equals 614 calories, 35 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 965 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Gyro-Style Turkey Pitas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC