Gyro-Style Turkey Pitas Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, sauerkraut, brown sugar and salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing. Stir in tomato and cucumber. Fill pita halves with turkey mixture, lettuce and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 614 calories, 35g fat (11g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 965mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Gyro-Style Turkey Pitas
"husband and I love this!"
"These were really good! I think one pita half would be plenty, especially if served with side dishes. I had lots of left over sauce, but it will make a great dip for veggies! Thanks for the recipe!"
"Easy, nice blend of flavors. Would definitely make again. Add an apple on the side, glass of milk and dinner is complete."
"The whole family loved these!"
"Oh my! These were so good! My family and I had a lot of fun making them and would definitely try them again soon!"
"I thought at first that the indgredients sounded wierd, but I was wrong, this was sooo good. My husband had 2 of them and my 6 year old daughter even asked for seconds. I left out the tomato and cucumber, and added some shredded cheese. Very tasty and easy to make."