- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- Shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, cook the turkey, onion, sauerkraut, brown sugar and salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing. Stir in tomato and cucumber. Fill pita halves with turkey mixture, lettuce and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Gyro-Style Turkey Pitas
"husband and I love this!"
"These were really good! I think one pita half would be plenty, especially if served with side dishes. I had lots of left over sauce, but it will make a great dip for veggies! Thanks for the recipe!"
"The whole family loved these!"
"Oh my! These were so good! My family and I had a lot of fun making them and would definitely try them again soon!"
"I thought at first that the indgredients sounded wierd, but I was wrong, this was sooo good. My husband had 2 of them and my 6 year old daughter even asked for seconds. I left out the tomato and cucumber, and added some shredded cheese. Very tasty and easy to make."