Gyro Soup Recipe
If you’re a fan of lamb, don’t pass up this Greek-style soup. Seasoned with classic flavors of rosemary, marjoram and mint, it will transport you straight to the Mediterranean!
- 2 pounds ground lamb
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint or 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Optional ingredients: plain Greek yogurt and crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook and crumble lamb over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes; drain. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in water, tomatoes, onion, wine, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper.
- 2. Cook, covered, until flavors are blended, 6-8 hours. Serve with yogurt and, if desired, feta cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Gyro Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC