- In a large bowl, whisk oil and vinegar until blended. Stir in the
- garlic, reserved yogurt and cucumber; cover and refrigerate until
- For gyro burgers, in a large bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic,
- rosemary, lemon-pepper and salt. Crumble meat over mixture and mix
- well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Serve in pita bread with
- sliced cucumber and cucumber sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Gyro Pork Burgers: Substitute ground pork for the lamb.
Gyro Turkey Burgers: Substitute ground turkey for the lamb.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger with 1/4 cup cucumber sauce equals 532 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.