Gyro Meat Loaf with Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- 1 cup refrigerated tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with tzatziki sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Gyro Meat Loaf with Tzatziki Sauce
Sort By :
"I will preface this by saying I do not like meat loaf. This one though is absolutely delicious! I made this tonight and it was a hit. I did half lamb and half beef. Everything else was by the recipe. I used Alton Browns Tzatziki sauce recipe since I couldn't find refrigerated version."
"This is delicious & satisfies the craving for gyros. I've made it twice in the past 2 weeks. I used ground turkey in place of the lamb. I like that there's spinach hiding in it, but you can't taste it."
"Thanks for including your recipe for the Tzatziki Sauce using plain Greek yogurt. This is great for a guilt-free way to really slather on the sauce!"
"This now is my favorite meatloaf recipe! It's absolutely delicious! I think I might make my own tzatziki sauce next time using Greek plain low-fat yogurt. As a Pacific NW transplant, I miss all the wonderful Greek food of the Chicago area. I can make this whenever I get a hankering for the flavor!"
"This was quick & easy. I used ground chicken instead of beef/lamb."