Gyro Meat Loaf with Tzatziki Sauce
A spin on a classic meat loaf, I love this because I can sneak spinach in on my meat-and-potatoes family. Serve the meat loaf with Greek-style potatoes or a Greek salad. I also get to make a whole other meal the next night with the leftovers—gyros. —Mandy Rivers, Lexington, South Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + standing
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- 1 cup refrigerated tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight
- ingredients. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into a
- loaf and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 354 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium,