Gyro Meat Loaf with Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground lamb or beef
- 1 cup refrigerated tzatziki sauce
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble lamb over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve with tzatziki sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 354 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 136 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.