Gyro Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 8 pita pocket halves
- Sliced cucumber
- Cucumber Sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon-pepper and salt. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve in pita bread with sliced cucumber and Cucumber Sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Gyro Burgers
"I haven't made it yet, but the juices of any lamb or beef burger should run pink or the meat is overdone and dry."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.