The mild seasonings in these burgers give them mass appeal. Pita bread is a nice change of pace from the usual hamburger buns.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 8 pita pocket halves
- Sliced cucumber
- Cucumber Sauce
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon-pepper and
- salt. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into four oval
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or
- until meat is no longer pink. Serve in pita bread with sliced
- cucumber and Cucumber Sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 593 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as