Gyro Burgers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 8 pita pocket halves
- Sliced cucumber
- Cucumber Sauce
- 1. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon-pepper and salt. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve in pita bread with sliced cucumber and Cucumber Sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 391 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 593mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein
Reviews for Gyro Burgers
"I haven't made it yet, but the juices of any lamb or beef burger should run pink or the meat is overdone and dry."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.