- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 8 pita pocket halves
- Sliced cucumber
- Cucumber Sauce
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon-pepper and salt. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve in pita bread with sliced cucumber and Cucumber Sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gyro Burgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p223
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gyro Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2013
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2010
I haven't made it yet, but the juices of any lamb or beef burger should run pink or the meat is overdone and dry.