The mild seasonings in these burgers give them mass appeal. Pita bread is a nice change of pace from the usual hamburger buns.
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground lamb or pork
- 8 pita pocket halves
- Sliced cucumber
- Cucumber Sauce
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon-pepper and salt. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. Shape into four oval patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Serve in pita bread with sliced cucumber and Cucumber Sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Gyro Burgers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p223
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Gyro Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2013
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2010
"I haven't made it yet, but the juices of any lamb or beef burger should run pink or the meat is overdone and dry."