- Place the butter, oil, garlic, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon cayenne and
- remaining Creole seasoning in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Squeeze
- juice from lemon into dish; add lemon quarters. Bake, uncovered, at
- 400° for 4-6 minutes or until hot. Add shrimp; bake 10-12
- minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the mushrooms, bacon, shallot and
- remaining cayenne over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Add wine,
- stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- until liquid is evaporated. Reduce heat; stir in spinach and cream.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on. Spoon grits onto serving dishes; top
- each with sauce mixture and a shrimp. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 appetizer equals 204 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.