Gumdrop Fudge Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped gumdrops
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the candy coating, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until candy coating is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and gumdrops.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from the pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 3 pounds.
Reviews for Gumdrop Fudge(48)
Sort By :
To Smoothmotion: Yes, you can use Ghirardelli white baking chips in place of the candy coating....and your fudge will be just as good if not better!
Can anyone tell me please, could I use Ghirardelli Premium Baking Chips (white) in the chocolate place? Thanks for your reply.
Always take new recipes to work for my "guinea pigs". The extreme sweetness definitely got this one some mixed reviews. I will make this again because, as everyone points out, it looks good on the trays! I think it tastes great in moderation. Not a candy to just sit down and devour.
This is really easy and very good. One variation I made was also very good -- I used the spiced gumdrops. Everyone liked that version even better than the original. Definitely a keeper for years to come!
It turned out really good, but it is super, super sweet.