"Making candy is one of my favorite things to do during the holidays," pens Jennifer Short from her home in Omaha, Nebraska. "This sweet white fudge is as easy to put together as it is beautiful to serve."
- 1-1/2 pounds white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups chopped gumdrops
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the candy coating, milk and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until candy coating is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and gumdrops.
- Spread into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from the pan; cut into 1-in. squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Yield: about 3 pounds.
Originally published as Gumdrop Fudge in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p9
Reviews for Gumdrop Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review