Gumdrop Cereal Bars
"I was planning to make traditional marshmallow treats but didn't have enough Rice Krispies on hand, so I used Corn Pops instead," recalls Laura Tryssenaar of Listowel, Ontario. "I added gumdrops for color, and the result was spectacular."
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups Corn Pops cereal
- 1 cup gumdrops
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cereal and gumdrops in a large bowl; set aside. In a
- microwave-safe bowl, place marshmallows and butter. Microwave,
- uncovered for 45 seconds to 1-1/2 minutes or until melted; stir
- until smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat. Spread into a greased 9-in.
- square pan. Cool on a wire rack. Cut with a buttered knife. Yield:
- 16 bars.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 146 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.