Colorful gumdrops make these fun miniature loaves just perfect for holiday gift-giving. "I usually bake this moist bread at Christmas, but it's also requested at Easter," notes Linda Samaan of Fort Wayne Indiana.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped gumdrops
- In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and sugar. In another bowl, beat
- egg and milk; add to dry ingredients and stir well. Add nuts and
- gumdrops; stir just until mixed. Pour into three greased 5-3/4-in. x
- 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to
- wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 3 mini loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 273 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 322 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.