Gumbo Sloppy Joes
Just a few ingredients, including a can of chicken gumbo soup, are needed for this variation on sloppy joe sandwiches. "I made this recipe often when I was working because it's done in a hurry," recalls Wanda Stonebraker of Wheatfield, Indiana.
6-7 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed chicken gumbo soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 6 to 7 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add the soup, ketchup and mustard; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes or until
- mixture reaches desired thickness. Serve on buns. Yield: 6-7
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 258 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 908 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.